Wednesday, March 3, 2010

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!

I present to you...............................................................................
THE GRANNY SQUARE AFGHAN!!!!!

But wait, what was that?  OHHHHHHH, you wanted to see it UNFOLDED??  Why didn't you say so???  Without further delay and ado and procrastination, here is.......

But before I show you, I want to tell you how much I really love how this afghan turned out.  Every time I see it, I kind of squeal inside (yes, squeal) and go, "It's so gorgeous, it makes me happy!"  And--

Oh, what's that?  

Hurry UP?!

WELL!  Just be that way then!  

Fine!


TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

There's it all laid out.  Here's it with special effects:


Oohh, Black and White Focal Point!  :P  More pictures?


Here you go, and that's all you're going to get now!  

Anyway, about the afghan (which is being called Amzi's Garden at this point) ::  I really love how the edging worked out, with the rows of pink, yellow, etc.  The Small People call them "Polka Dots" and I call it (much more sophisticatedly) "Stained Glass."  And those just result from the ordinary Granny Square technique!  Is it Awesome, or Is. It. Awesome??

Aaaaaaaand here are the Leftovers ::
Shock of shocks, because I usually don't buy enough yarn, and end up frantically trying to make it last out through another row.  So, having Remnants is a new business for me!  *feels special*

The blanket lives on my bed now, and was very nice and warm last night in the chilly bits (which there were, because I'm wussy sometimes) and hace juego [[goes with]] with my comforter very nicely.  

How about some *gasp* NUMBERS?  

  • Weight :: A Whopping 2.5 lbs!  
  • Dimensions :: About 50 inches by 60 inches, which passes the Blanket Test, which is as follows:  *checklist* Blanket must be 1) Wide enough to spread sideways over several laps and still reach the feet of the Big People, 2) Long enough to cover a person lengthwise in bed when it's cold out, 3) Wide enough to reach the ground/bed on either side when lying with knees upright in Book-Reading Position.
  • Yarn :: Lionbrand Homespun Yarn (*gasp* BOUGHT back in this post)
  • Hook :: Size K US
  • Time ::  Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Several episodes of American Idol?  *cheesy grin*
  • Satisfaction ::  100% :)
So There You Have It!  Before I leave you, here's a picture, involving that jar from that post.  This is the "fingerprint" of the blanket :: that is, the clippings from all the darned ends, arranged neatly in a rainbow order by Yours Truly who is in love with the rainbow order.


I have a fun idea for tomorroz [[Amziism :: tomorrow, misspelled on purpose, also see todaz]] post, so come back soon!  

AMZi x x x x x

3 comments:

  1. Professor of RobinhoodologyMarch 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM

    That didn't take too long! It IS gorgeous! I like the deep blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, GORGEOUS blanket! It's stunning! And they totally do look like polka dots, I love how you can get different effects using dark and bright yarn just in normal granny square patterns.xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOAAAHHHH!!!!
    It's so COLORFUL!! I want to touch it. :)

    Pippin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment :: I love to hear from you!

Free Hit Counter