Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sheer Awesomeness

Methinks I need to start a Label for Sheer Awesomeness, yes?  What is so bally awesome today, you ask?  Take a look ::


Fully Awesome, right??  I designed this sword YEARS ago, my own personal sword.  It's fairly light (because if it were a real broadsword I'd never be able to lift it), has a dark leather grip, wound with gold wire, and a green gem in the hilt.  


Enter el hermano fabuloso who is brilliant and all that, etcetera etcetera etcetera.  This dude has been fiddling with a modeling/animation/CGI program called Blender (totally free too!) for a couple months now.  Edit :: Blender has hijacked his LIFE.  Sometimes bothersome.  But in this case, totally worth it! 


Because now he can do all this awesome free-form modeling, starting with a cylinder, shaving, cutting, stretching, turning, attaching, closing, hollowing, you blooming name it!  So I supply him with a drawing of the hilt, and lo and behold, 2 days later (4-6 hrs of work) here it is!


(This is the view you DON'T want to see, yes?)  


I mean, can you believe this?  All this from scratch.  Shapes, adding alloy, adding cameras and lights and shadows, and everything, and DUDE is it awesome!!!


Check this out!  This wasn't in the actual design :: a little artistic license on the part of el hermano fabuloso and it says (get this) "The Awesomest Sword In The World According To [Amzi]"!!!

Now if only there was a handy-dandy "Print" button that would make this awesome sword shoot out of the computer and into my hands...  I can dream, can't I?  ;)

AMZi x x x x x

3 comments:

  1. WOW! O.O That is amAMZing!! XD

    Kudos to el hermano fabuloso!

    ~Pippin

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE WANTS IT PRECIOUSSSS! *makes frightfully grabby hands* So shiiiny...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment :: I love to hear from you!

Free Hit Counter