Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Present To You...

...AMZi's ALPHABET!!!!  *sounds of wild cheering*  A very crazy-looking and non-matching conglomeration of really chunky yarn letters.  And I.  Love.  It.  :D  Not ashamed to say it :: Letters are so cool!  And what kid didn't like playing with toy alphabets of various kinds when they were little?

Apolo-polo-polo-pologies (name that quote) for the blurriness of the picture, but this involved me standing on my bed and trying to take a straight photograph.  And I can't keep still anyhow without a tripod!  But there it is in all its wonky glory.  You may notice (I feel like a tourguide) the various flowers on several of the letters.  I spent an hour last night making up some flower patterns, for embellishment (ooh, word!) of the non-variegated specimens.  I have discovered that I LOVE making up flower patterns!  Those patterns will also appear in the Pages section of the blog, sometime during or after the construction of the patterns for the other letters.  Which I might get to today, and might not.  Oh, and check out the punctuation!  I have two .'s, which can be used with the ! and the ?, and also a , which can be used as an '  as well.  Beat that! :)

This project took over my life without so much as a by-your-leave, and I'm not sure what I'll do next.  I still have a Granny Square idea sitting on the back burner (whistling merrily) but we'll see where we go....  I really need to catch up on my writing.  I've let poor Helen fall behind.  Sigh.  Anyhow!  OH, and I also will need to make a case for my camera when it arrives.  A Crocheterist's Work is Never Done!



SEE?!  Ain't they FUN?!

AMZi x x x x x

7 comments:

  1. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Thats what I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. D-E-L-I-G-H-T-F-U-L!

    ~Pippin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professor of RobinhoodologyMarch 15, 2010 at 7:10 AM

    Quite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These letters are F_A_B_U_L_O_U_S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a good idea! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I absolutely LOVE your crochet alphabet! These were really the only patterns for letters, other than filet crochet which is not what I'm looking for. I looked around your site and didn't see a policy of use for items created from your patterns. The reason I ask is because I want to make garlands with names, "happy birthday," etc. and put them in my Etsy shop (http://marleah.etsy.com). The rub is that the best guide I've found to get started is your patterns, and while I'd likely add a few of my own embellishments and such as I made the letters, I wanted to be sure you would be ok with that use. I'd be glad to give a link back to your blog in my item descriptions, if I did end up putting them in the shop. Please let me know if that would be all right - I'm leaving a comment because not only do I love these, but also because I couldn't find an email address for you. Thanks, and either way, love the blog!! - Marleah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post with how-to's -- I put up a post about it on my typography blog: http://www.font-love.com/2010/03/crafty-typography.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment :: I love to hear from you!

Free Hit Counter