Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I've No Complaints

There!  Finals behind us, a long summer ahead.  Deep breath, in...and...out!  Okay, let's go!

I know I've pretty much abandoned you, little blog, for the past couple days.  All the writing, and classes, and work, and yada yada yada.  I'm making up for it today, I promise!  As soon as I arrived home from violin, I grabbed my camera and set out to eke a few more pictures out of the dead batteries.  Okay, a lot more pictures.  Check these out!


Coming downstairs this morning, I was greeted by a large vase of irises.  Apparently they had all bloomed without informing me!  The nerve of it!  Anyhow, I managed to capture a few still attached to their stalks.   :)


Don't you just love pictures of tiny details you'd never notice otherwise?  So exciting!


And while I was taking these, there was this tiny sweat bee buzzing around them.  He'd just flown off before this picture.


I used to know what these were called... they're big tropical-looking bushes with waxy leaves and these popcorn balls of pink.  Quite lovely, actually.


Popcorn ball again.  Top view.  The lighting out here is magnificent today!!


Can't remember what these are called either.  Low-growing shrub, leggy.  Lots of little reddish-orange flowers.  Tropical looking again.  Love the contrast in this pic.


Love the leafy green trees!  Sitting outside, it sounds just like the ocean, the way the wind rolls through them.  The whole tropical-sea theme is very fitting for my mood for writing. :)


Yes, quite content, I'd say.  You really can't beat this.  Aaaahhhh.
“I’m Nora,” I said, arranging the blankets.  “Don’t move.  You’ve got a lot of stitches in your back.”
                “I feel like a pincushion,” he croaked, his voice hoarse and quiet.  “Only for knives.”
                I smiled.  “At least they haven’t amputated your sense of humor.”

AMZi x x x x x


2 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment :: I love to hear from you!

Free Hit Counter