Monday, June 21, 2010

Piece of China

Here's one ::


And here's another ::


I'm very lucky to have un abuelo fabuloso who travels the world.  Muchly.  Like eight times, they've been on these world cruise things.  The cool part is, every time they go somewhere, el abuelo brings me back some rocks!  I have quite a large collection now, rocks from various places around the world.  It makes me happy. :)

This is the rock that started it all...


I have lots more but can only share a few with y'all...


From Jordan... yes, the red sandstone one changes color in the sunlight!


...The southernmost city in the world, I believe.  The very tip of Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia, Argentina, South America.


So... needless to say, this is VOLCANIC rock. :P

Generally the rocks are interesting (like that melded Devil's Island one) just geologically speaking.  Or sometimes they're just sentimental.  I've got several from railroad lines... have I mentioned my love affair with the railroads?  The old kind.  The real kind.  I caught the bug from the very same abuelo who made his fortune on the Illinois Central line and is just all about trains!  Something about them... even just coal carriers these days.  Love it. :)

AMZi x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment :: I love to hear from you!

Free Hit Counter