Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More Like WHAT?

Haha, sorry, I just heard about this and needed to blog it.  Wow.  Still reeling.  You've got to be kidding.

In the words of el padre, "not all Christian music is created equal."  Listen to this...



Sound good?  Let's just pick this apart a little.

Give me rules / I will break them / Give me lines / I will cross them :: This is called Antinomianism.  More on this in a moment.

I need more than a truth to believe in / I need a truth that lives, moves, and breathes / To sweep me off my feet :: So your faith is therefore based on a feeling.  Does this mean that when you feel like you're all alone, your faith doesn't exist?  Does Christianity become any less of a "truth" when it's difficult?

More like falling in love / Than something to believe in / More like losing my heart / Than giving my allegience :: Am I the only one who sees the insanity in this?  Feelings, emotions, no thought.  The minute you STOP feeling like your head is spinning and your heart is leaping, where are you?  What do you have left?

Give me words / I'll misuse them / Obligations / I'll misplace them :: And did we want to actually identify this as a bad thing?  Because it isn't something to be proud of.

Cause all religion made me / Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet :: No, the word for that is the "law."  The law that man couldn't keep.  The law that requires perfection, which nobody can achieve.  That's the REASON for GRACE.  That's not "religion."

Back to Antinomianism.  Definition :: The belief that moral law is of no use or obligation because faith alone is necessary to salvation.  YES, "By grace you have been saves, through faith," and NOT by works (that belief is called Legalism :: earning your way to salvation) BUT ALSO, "By your fruit they shall know you" and "so also faith apart from works is dead."  Antinomianism, taken to its simple, logical conclusion, leads to a "I have my ticket to Heaven because I prayed a prayer, so till then, I'll party!" mindset.  If you truly have faith, the Holy Spirit should be working within you, convicting and weeding out the habits of the world.  Give me rules / I'll break them is NOT a Christian worldview, it's just another form of Postmodernism.

I don't have anything personal against this Jason Gray guy.  Till today I never knew he existed.  I'm not pretending to know anything about the state of his salvation--that's not my place.  But I do know that on this account, he's wrong.  I can only hope he never has to "give an account for the hope that is within [him]" because saying, "I just...it just swept me off my feet!  It's like... falling in love" will NEVER cut it with a thinking questioner.

AMZi x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment :: I love to hear from you!

Free Hit Counter