Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Excuses

For why I've not been posting.  School's started full-on, and I'm a front-loader, so I'm somewhat busy this season.  And I doubt if you'd be very interested in hearing about what's running through my head.  Mainly because it's stuff about physics and calculus.  Not exactly the sort of thing you expect on my blog, yes?

Still playing a lot of piano, mainly Le Onde (63 pages, 13 parts, 5 of which down, 8 to master yet) and I Giorni (66 pages, a bunch of parts, just one worked on at them moment) both by Ludovico Einaudi.  And of course his Nuvole Bianche.  Fabulous Hospice House-playing materials, they're so gorgeous and slow and unobtrusive.

Aaand...hmm...what else has been going on?  Finally finished Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung, and actually GOT it finally there at the end.  I'd had weird vague misgivings about his approach all while reading the book, but finally a sentence clinched it for me!
"But the Bible is not a casebook.  It doesn't give us explicit information about dating or careers or when to build a church or buy a house.  We've all wished that the Bible was that kind of book, but it's not, because God is interested in more than getting us to follow His to-do list; He wants transformation.  God doesn't want us to merely give external obedience to His commands.  He wants us to know Him so intimately that His thoughts become our thoughts, His ways our ways, His affections our affections."

Yes!  Yessss!!!!  That really struck me.  Love what He loves, hate what He hates, no worries, mate.  Don't fuss so much about what your decisions should be, but rather what the state of your heart and will should be.

Oh, oh, oh, want to know something really exciting?  I have my own calculator now (shout-out to Keifer The Awesome Who Lent Me His Calculator For...like, Ever) and it's, it's, it's--  Well, JUST LOOK for yourself!

Texas Instruments Inc. TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Green Graph

(IT'S GREEEEEEN!)

AMZi x x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment :: I love to hear from you!

Free Hit Counter